- Abi Adeoye - Curriculum Leader
- Rushna Begum - Deputy Curriculum Leader
- Krishna Vadher - Curriculum Co-ordinator
- Humera Ihsan
- Parisa Danaipour
- Rabiah Mahmood
- Joan Rajasekaran
- Doyin Dawodu
- Farheen Ashraf
- Fadumo Abdirahman
- Rashida Ullah
- Toyin Odudimu
- Umbreen Mushtaque
- Renesia Phillips
We work as a community with the vision of building excellence at all levels. This means that we nurture and coach learners to be the best that they can be.
The Science curriculum at Sarah Bonnell aims to ensure that all students:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of Science through different types of scientific enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
Currently there are three routes to follow for years 10 through to 11.
Year 10 curriculum includes:
- Biology Chapter 3
- Chemistry Chapter 3
- Physics Chapter 3
- Biology Chapter 4
- Chemistry Chapter 4
- Physics Chapter 4
- Biology Chapter 5
- Chemistry Chapter 5
- Physics Chapter 5 & 6
Year 11 curriculum includes:
- Chemistry Chapter 6 & 7
- Biology Chapter 5
- Physics Chapter 7
- Biology Chapter 6 & 7
- Chemistry Chapter 8
- Physics Chapter 8 (Triples only)
- Biology Chapter 8
- Chemistry Chapter 9 & 10
- GCSE Exam practice
Science Alternative Routes
Entry Level Certificate Science (ELC Science)
This qualification has been designed to give students who are not yet ready to take GCSE Science the chance to get a Science qualification. It can help motivate students who achieve the award to move on to the next level.
Students can work towards a Single or Double Award, with the Double award being more demanding.
Find out more at: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/elc/science-5960
Unit Award Scheme in Science
The Unit Award Scheme offers students the opportunity to have their achievements formally recognised with a certificate issued by AQA. As there is much flexibility with the course, students can receive a certificate for every successful completed Unit, and get recognised for all that they are confident with in Science.
Find out more at: https://www.aqa.org.uk/programmes/unit-award-scheme