- Jennifer Norley Beck - Curriculum Leader
- Nikki May - Deputy Curriculum Leader
- Rachel Emerson
- Alice Nicholson
- Rebecca Barnard
- Lauren Sawyer
- Steven Murphy
The PE Curriculum Area is extremely committed to providing a safe, relevant and inclusive curriculum. Every student will take part in at least two hours of PE a week and the extra-curricular opportunities are vast. PE is an imperative part of the school week as it is the only subject that enables students to focus on their physical development and movement.
The PE Curriculum Area looks to deliver the curriculum with energy, vigour and flair. It will provide a wide variety of sports, ensuring that students can pursue their sporting interest both inside and outside of school. A strong emphasis is also placed on educating students about the importance of Health and Fitness, and encouraging the pupils to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We seek to promote a culture of achievement, leadership, teamwork, participation and mutual respect to ensure that every student in PE is successful.
We aim to provide the following outcomes for students:
- To create learners who have high aspirations and go onto success in to Years 10 and 11
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all students where they learn, enjoy and participate in PE outside of lessons and school
- To create a successful criteria that inspires and motivates students to want to make progress to have clear steps in place to make improvements
- To be able to evaluate their own and others performance levels within an open environment/competition
- To demonstrate the ability to make progress with regards to their physical ability, social awareness, their creativity levels, their resilience and their health/well being
The following sports are taught: