- Salma Adel - Curriculum Leader for Computing, ICT & Business
- Sabrina Sahebdin
- Meenaxi Bhudia
At Sarah Bonnell School we aim to ensure that every student has the opportunity to learn and achieve in Computing. Students are taught a variety of skills in their Computing lessons which they will use throughout their lives in and out of school. During their Computing studies students are taught how to code using various programming languages. This in turns enables students to develop their computational thinking and develops their skills further in the subject.
Students have the latest computers in class as well as access to IPads. We aim to encourage students to become independent and confident learners. The digital world is constantly changing and we encourage our students to become producers of products and to further study computing once they leave school. As a department we hope to provide students with the best Computing, ICT & Business experience.
In year 8 students continue to develop their skills and understanding of how digital systems work. They continue to develop their knowledge and understanding through various projects and programming. Students are given to tools to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content as well as becoming digitally literate.
In Computing students continue to develop their understanding of hardware components and simple logic. Students are also able to write programs to help solve a problem. This course is engaging and fun and gives students the opportunity how computer technology works.
Year 8 Computing curriculum includes:
- The history of computer science, as well as key figures in history
- Hardware components inside a computer/tablet/smartphone
- What a local area network is
- Create interactive games by using a visual programming language
- Basic understanding of how the internet works
- Algorithm is and why they are used
- Design and understand computational abstractions
In ICT students develop their knowledge of current and emerging technologies. This course is engaging and allows students to use a range of ICT tools and techniques to help solve a problem. Students are able to develop their ability to work collaboratively.
Year 8 ICT curriculum includes:
- Creative projects
- Selecting, using & combining multiple applications
- Collecting and analysing data
- Create, re-use, revise and re-purpose digital artefacts