Please find the following document 'Starting Secondary School' which gives details about our school admissions.
In addition, please note the following guidance for parents and carers:
- Attending open evening
- Parent/carers should attend as many open evening as possible not just those of the schools they are thinking of naming as a preference. What they experience may result in different schools being preferred.
- Promoting online applications
- Electronic receipt is issued on submission of a completed application.
- No postal problems which can lead to an application going astray or arriving after the closing date which means it will be processed as 'late'.
- Facility to easily change application information up to the PAN London closing dates.
- No concerns with regard to misinterpretation of handwriting.
- Outcome of application can be accessed on-line on national offer day, rather than waiting for letter which cannot be posted until offer day.
- Tuesday 31 October 2017 - national closing day and deadline for applying on-line and for paper applications to be received by Pupil Services
- Friday 20 October 2017 - deadline for any paper applications to be received by the school ready for dispatch to Pupil Services at Dockside.
- Tuesday 31 October 2017 - deadline for the supplementary information forms (SIF) for St. Angela's and St. Bonaventure's.
ALL DATES ARE RECEIVED DATES NOT SENT/POSTED DATES
- Checking their application and applying by the closing date
- Reminders must be given to all families regarding the importance of checking their application before submission especially for sibling details
- Families must be reminded of the closing date and its importance – as a late application significantly reduces your chances of gaining a place in a preferred school. In Newham historically most schools have all their places offered before late applicants are considered.
- School access to the Pan London eAdmissions portal applications information
- All schools should regularly check for submission of eAdmissions for their pupils.
- As last year Tony Alvares will send you details of how you access this information so you can continue to monitor your applications.
- Prize Draw
- All Newham families who apply using the Pan London eAdmissions portal will be automatically included in a prize draw for a school uniform – 5 winners (see the Newham Magazine for photo’s of this years winners)