At Sarah Bonnell School we provide a well-designed curriculum that stimulates curiosity and is relevant and appropriate for all students so that they can ‘Be Proud. Aim High. Work Hard. Be Nice. No Excuses’. Lessons, clubs, events and visits are planned and delivered in a way that is closely matched to different learning needs and interests; so that all students can make the best possible progress and enjoy learning.
To be creative has always been my passion and at Sarah Bonnell I have had the opportunity to do exactly that. It’s great that at Sarah Bonnell not only do I learn, but I create
Our curriculum intends to support and challenge every student to:
- Develop as a courageous and confident young woman ready to make a valuable contribution to the local, national and global community
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to nurture their own physical and emotional health and well-being
- Gain the confidence to challenge inequality, celebrate diversity and the courage to challenge stereotypes that might limit opportunities
- Develop a love of learning across a wide range of subjects including the Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
- Communicate in more than one language so that they can seize global opportunities.
- Build on their achievements at Key Stage 2
- Gain the new knowledge, skills and understanding needed for life in a 21st Century world
- Achieve qualifications that will secure the best pathway on to Key Stage 5, University, Apprenticeships and employment.
- Develop emotional intelligence as a resilient and determined learner
- Develop team work and leadership skills by learning and problem-solving in groups
- Develop communication skills to enable students to express themselves in powerful, critical, respectful and creative ways through spoken, written and digital media.
- Develop literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills
- Participate fully in the opportunities to learn in and out of the classroom